Whether its Christmas, Easter, or a summertime barbeque, you can be assured that these Gooey Potatoes will be on our dinner table.
- 1 (2lb) bag of frozen cubed hash browns, thawed (I have used shredded too. It’s just personal preference.)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheese, + ½ cup for topping
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- Small bunch of green onions, sliced
- 2-3 cups Cornflakes
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix sour cream, 2 cups of the cheddar cheese, cream of chicken soup, and green onions in a large bowl.
- Add the hash browns and mix together thoroughly.
- Crush cornflakes lightly in a ziploc bag.
- Mix the remaining ½ cup of cheese with 2 cups of corn flakes and butter. Reserve for later.
- Pour potatoes into a 9×13 baking dish. Cover and bake potatoes at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes. (*I cook mine a little longer just to make sure they are done. There is nothing worse than crunchy potatoes. ) Cover top with corn flake/cheese mixture and bake an additional 15 minutes until potatoes are bubbling and top has browned.