Back to Top
> Just for you
> Glazed Cream Cheese Orange Loaf
> Page 2
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon orange extract, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3-5 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350º F and generously grease a 9×5-inch baking dish with butter or non-stick spray. (Could use 2 loaf dishes if desired.)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, orange zest, baking soda and salt, and set aside.
- In a large bowl or mixer, cream together butter and cream cheese and sugar for 3-4 minutes, or until smooth, then mix in eggs, orange juice, vanilla and orange extract.
- Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet, mixing until just combined, then transfer mixture to greased baking dish.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- While loaf is baking, whisk together powdered sugar, orange juice and orange zest together to make glaze, adding more orange juice for a thinner glaze and less for a thicker glaze.
- Remove loaf from oven and let cool 15 minutes before running a knife around the edge of pan to loosen the loaf.
- Invert loaf onto serving platter and pour glaze on top. Let glaze harden and serve at room temperature. Enjoy!