Ingredients for egg noodle casserole
1 lb ground beef
1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
12 oz egg noodles
3/4 cup sour cream
1 container (16 oz) cottage cheese
2 cups grated cheese, (Colby Jack is great)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook the ground beef in a skillet until no longer pink. Drain any excess fat.
3. Add in the tomato sauce, salt, pepper, and onion powder into the meat and let simmer on low while you prepare the rest.
4. Cook the egg noodles according to package directions
5. In large bowl, mix together the sour cream and the cottage cheese.
6. Drain the noodles and pour them into the mixing bowl with the sour cream and cottage cheese. Stir to coat all the noodles.
7. In a 9×13 sprayed with cooking spray. Start with half the egg noodle mixture, top with half the ground beef mixture, and then half the shredded cheese. Repeat.
8. Bake for 20 minutes