The BEST Cream Cheese Mints you’ll ever try! This incredibly easy recipe yields the most delicious, luscious, melt-in-your-mouth cream cheese mints around!
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter ( * room temperature)
- 3 oz. Regular Cream Cheese ( * room temperature)
- 1½ Cups Confectioner’s Sugar
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Egg ( * room temperature)
- ½ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1¾ Cups All – Purpose Flour
- Heat oven to 375 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and cream cheese in mixer bowl. Slowly add sugar and beat until fluffy. Beat in egg, add flour, baking powder and vanilla. Mix Well.
- Chill dough for at least 1 hour. Shape into 1 inch balls, and dredge in superfine sugar or caster sugar.
- Place on lined cookie sheet, spacing them about 1½ inches apart. One thing I don’t want you to skip, however, is slightly flattening the dough balls before baking.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges become slightly golden brown. They should look slightly under-baked (otherwise they won’t be chewy).
- Cool for 1 minute on cookie sheet then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- * If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar once cooled, but do not overdo it because they are sweet enough.
- You’ll get no less than 2 dozen cookies out of this dough. Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for 3-5 days.Source : allrecipes.com