Ingredients for Copy Cat Egg McMuffins
- 1 English muffin, toasted
- 1 slice of American cheese
- 1-2 whole slices of your favorite Canadian bacon
- 1 whole egg
- ½ tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 large food mold ring, or mason jar lid
- ¼ cup of water
- Start by adding the butter to a small, non-stick skillet. Bring this up to a medium heat. Once heated, add the food ring. If you do not have the food ring, try the lid of a mason jar.
- Crack the egg and add it into the food mold ring.
- Next, add your separate your English muffin and place them into your toaster. Cook until toasted.
- Add the water to the skillet, then cover with a lid. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Once the egg is cooked, remove the food mold and egg with a spatula and place on a small plate. You should be able to jiggle the food ring to remove the egg, or run a knife along the inside edge, getting the egg out of the mold.
- Add the Canadian bacon to the skillet, and cook for about one minute or until it is heated through.
- Now it’s simply time to assemble.
- Add the American cheese to the bottom slice of the toasted English muffin. Add the egg, then top with the Canadian bacon and then the top of the English muffin.
- Just like McDonald’s but in my opinion better. Why better? Well, because you just made it and you know what went into it. Now I’m hooked and I am eating them about once a week now. Sorry McDonald’s, it’s now one less visit.
Source : allrecipes.com