- 12 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- 6 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¼ recipe chocolate ganache
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter until light. Add the sugar and beat until creamy and thoroughly combined.
- Add the egg whites on low speed one at a time, then mix in the vanilla. Add flour admix until just combined.
- Using a piping bag fitted with a ¼” plain tip or a large plastic storage bag with a corner cut off, pipe 2 inch sections of batter onto the prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are a light golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool on he baking sheet before removing to a wire rack.
- Place ganache in a piping bag fitted with a ¼” plain tip or a large plastic storage bag with a corner cut off and pipe a thin strip of ganache down the middle of the underside of one cookie. Top with another cookie and press together lightly to fill the cookies to the edges. Repeat with remaining cookies. Store finished cookies in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
Source : allrecipes.com