You Will Need
For the Deviled Egg Filling:
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. pickle juice
- 2 tsp. mustard
- 4 tbsp. finely chopped dill pickles
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
For the Deviled Egg Dye:
- About 6-8 oz of water in a cup
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- Food coloring
Deviled Egg Recipe:
- Place eggs in a large saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Set pan over medium-high heat and bring water to a boil.
- Turn off heat, cover pan with a lid and let sit for 12 minutes.
- Drain and rinse eggs under cold water.
- Peel shells off of the eggs.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise and scoop out yolks into a bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, pickle juice, and mustard to bowl, then mash the yolks and stir until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in minced pickles and then season with salt and pepper.
- Place the mixture in a large ziplock bag.
- Cut the tip off of the ziplock bag (a DIY piping bag) and pipe the egg mixture back into the colored eggs
How to Color Deviled Eggs:
- Stir food coloring into cups of water in desired colors.
- Add the vinegar to the colored water (don’t worry, you won’t taste the vinegar).
- Gently place boiled and peeled eggs into the colored water.
- Let the eggs soak in the colored water for at least 10 minutes or until desired shade is achieved.
- While the eggs are soaking in food coloring, make the deviled egg mixture with the yolks (recipe above)
- Using a spoon, gently remove the colored eggs and place them on a stack of paper towels to dry.
- Pat dry with additional paper towels
- Fill with prepared egg mixture