There is only one thing worse than a dirty microwave and that would be a dirty AND stinky microwave.
If you’ve ever burned popcorn in the microwave or heated up Italian food numerous times, then you know how smelly your microwave can get.
I don’t like spraying chemicals into something that my food also goes into and besides, I think this non toxic method of cleaning and deodorizing is easy and fast.
Just heating up your lunch can cause a mess like this after just one time. If you allow it to dry, it can be real hassle to clean later.
I use apple cider vinegar, water and lemons.
Cut up one or two lemons and place in a glass measuring cup. Add half water and half apple cider vinegar.
Heat until boiling.
When it’s finished, do not open the door. Leave for 10-15 minutes allowing it to steam up the insides. The steam softens the dried on mess, as the lemons and vinegar neutralize odors.
After you’ve allowed it to sit and cool, open the door, remove the measuring cup and wipe out with a wet sponge or paper towels.