“Hearty lasagna recipe with a ground beef meat sauce and three cheeses layered with uncooked lasagna noodles to save some work.”
- PAM(R) Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup water, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck beef (80% lean)
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans Hunt’s(R) Petite Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 2 1/2 cups Hunt’s(R) Tomato Sauce
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 9 dry lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine ricotta cheese, 2 tablespoons water, parsley, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and onion; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, Italian seasoning, and salt. Cook 7 minutes or until beef is crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook 1 minute more or until fragrant. Drain.
- Add remaining water, undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, vinegar, and red pepper flakes to the skillet. Reduce heat and simmer meat sauce 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Assemble lasagna by spreading about 1 cup meat sauce over bottom of the baking dish. Place 3 dry noodles over sauce. Top with 2 cups meat sauce, half of the ricotta mixture, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers, ending with a layer of noodles. Top with remaining meat sauce and remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Spray underside of aluminum foil with cooking spray; cover dish tightly with foil. Bake 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake 15 minutes more or until cheese melts and sauce is bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
recipes adapted from: allrecipes