We’re ending our week of pizza dough with a dessert…..cinnamon-sugar messy bread with vanilla icing! It’s super easy to make and fun to eat. I made mini loaves because I thought they were cute, but you can also make one large loaf (baked for a longer amount of time). This is a fun way to turn a savory pizza dough recipe into a sweet treat.
½ recipe for basic pizza dough
½ cup granulated sugar
1½ tablespoons cinnamon
½ cup (1 stick) sweet cream butter, melted
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1½ tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Makes 3 (5”x 3”) loaves
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Cut dough into small, 1 inch pieces. Set aside.
3. Place sugar and cinnamon into a small bowl and toss together until completely mixed.
4. Dip dough pieces into melted butter and shake off excess.
5. Next, dredge buttered dough pieces into cinnamon-sugar mixture until well coated.
6. Grease mini loaf pans and begin filling with coated pieces of dough until pans are filled.
7. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until sticky and golden brown. Remove loaves from pans, onto a cooling rack and allow messy breads to cool until just slightly warm.
8. For icing: Place sugar, milk and vanilla in a small mixing bowl and stir together with a fork (using a whisk will cause air bubbles to form in the icing).
9. Drizzle icing over messy bread loaves and serve.