- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 jar (16 oz) Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky salsa SAVE $
- 2 cups Progresso™ dark red kidney beans (from 19-oz can), drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced peeled tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pouch (6.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ cornbread & muffin mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion (1 medium)
1 Heat oven to 400°F. In 12-inch skillet, cook ground beef over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in salsa, kidney beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder and cumin. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated.
2 Meanwhile, make cornbread as directed on pouch, using milk. Spoon cornbread batter around outside edge of ungreased 12×8-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish. Spoon hot beef mixture into center. (Casserole will be full.)
3 Bake 18 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 4 to 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and cornbread is deep golden brown. Sprinkle with green onion just before serving.
Source : allrecipes.com