- 2 1/2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º F and lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt 4 tablespoons butter, then whisk in flour and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until smooth.
- While whisking continuously, gradually pour in milk and chicken broth and stir until totally incorporated.
- Add chicken, rice and veggies to the broth mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer chicken and rice mixture to baking dish and sprinkle parmesan and breadcrumbs evenly over the top.
- Cut up remaining butter into small pieces and dot those over the breadcrumbs.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.
Recipe adapted from Food