CHEESY BREAKFAST POTATOES WITH CRISPY BACON
- 4 potatoes, peeled, diced into small pieces
- ½ cup green bell pepper, diced small
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 Tbs vegetable oil (might need more)
- 1 tsp salt, more or less to taste
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1-2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 8-10 pieces of apple wood bacon, crumbled into small pieces
- Optional, sour cream for topping
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add potatoes. Cook until potatoes just start to brown.
- Stir in onions, bell pepper and garlic.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cook until onions are translucent and potatoes are brown and crispy.
- In the meantime while the potatoes are cooking, cook bacon to desired crispiness.
- When cooked, place bacon on a plate lined with paper towels. Once cooled, crumble bacon. Set aside.
- When potatoes are finished cooking, turn off heat and sprinkle grated cheese over the top of the potatoes while they are still in the pan.
- Add bacon crumbles.
- Spoon onto plate and add sour cream.
Source : allrecipes.com