Caramel Apple Pie Cheesecake
Apple Pie Cake
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 4 large apples (if you can, choose 4 different kinds)
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Line 9 inch baking pan with nonstick foil.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in small bowl.
- Peel the apples and cut into small chunks.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk until they’re foamy.
- Add the sugar and whisk for a minute or so to blend.
- Add vanilla.
- Whisk in half the flour and when it is incorporated, add half the melted butter, followed by the rest of the flour and the remaining butter, mixing gently after each addition so that you have a smooth, rather thick batter.
- Fold in the apples coating with batter.
- Pour into the pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the top of the cake is golden brown and a knife inserted deep into the center comes out clean.
- Cool and then chill until your cheesecake is ready. Then slide this on top of the cheesecake and drizzle with the caramel!