- 1 pound jumbo shrimp (20-25 count), peeled but with tails, deveined
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning (containing salt)
- 4 tablespoons butter
Sauce for shrimp:
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (hot cayenne sauce, such as Frank’s hot sauce)
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- In a small bowl, toss shrimp together with minced garlic, and cajun spice (my Cajun spice already contained salt, so no salt needed to be added, but if your mix is without salt, add a pinch of salt, too).
- Melt butter in a large skillet on medium-hot heat. Add shrimp (mixed with garlic and Cajun spice) to the skillet and cook for about 1 minute on each side, flipping once.
- Remove shrimp from the skillet onto a plate. Add chicken broth, tomato sauce, chopped green onions, hot sauce to the same skillet, bring to boil, mix everything well. Add back the shrimp, boil or simmer for a couple of minutes until shrimp cooks and sauce thickens, constantly stirring. If sauce is too thick, add a small amount of water.
- To serve, top with green onions.
Source : allrecipes.com