Ingredients for Blueberry Coffee Cake
Cake1 1/2 c. unbleached all-purpose flour1/2 c. cornmeal1/2 tsp. aluminum-free baking powder1/2 tsp. baking soda1/2 tsp. kosher salt8 tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature1/2 c. maple syrup2 large eggs2/3 c. plain whole milk yogurt1 tsp. pure vanilla extract3 c. fresh blueberriesCrumble1/2 c. rolled oats1/2 c. pecans2 tbsp. maple syrup1 tbsp. butter1 tbsp. flourpinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare 9″ cake pan or two 6″ cake pans. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream together butter and maple syrup until well combined and pale in color, about 3 minutes. Beat in egg, yogurt, and vanilla until just combined.
- Add dry ingredients and beat until just incorporated. Fold in blueberries and evenly distribute in pan, smoothing out the top. The batter will be on the thicker side.
- Make crumble by combining all the ingredients until evenly combined. Top cake.
- Bake for about an hour. Halfway through, cover cake with foil to keep crumble from over-browning.
- Allow cake to cool in pan atleast 20 minutes before removing and serving
Source : allrecipes.com