- 3 lb pork roast, a smaller one is ok too
- 1 medium granny smith apple, cored and cut into 6 wedges
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut into 6 wedges
- 2 lb bag bavarian style saurkraut (in refrigerated section, has caraway seeds in it)
- 3 Tbsp Domino brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 c white wine like chardonnay)
- 8 large juniper berries ( i get mine online)
- 2 McCormick medium bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper, or to taste
- 2 Tbsp bacon fat
1. Put a disposable slow cooker liner in a large bowl.
2. Put in the bag of sauerkraut, and push the apple and onion wedges down into the sauerkraut.
3. Sprinkle with wine, juniper berries, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and push bay leaf into sauerkraut.
4. Place roast on top, spread with bacon fat.
5. You can cook now,or do what I did, the next Am place your filled liner in slow cooker, turn on low and cook for 6 to 8 hours.