- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- Additional sugar
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar, tapioca, water and orange peel; let stand for 15 minutes. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in apples. Set saucepan in a pan of cold water for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry. Pour filling into crust. Top with remaining pastry or a lattice crust. If using a full top crust, cut a few slits in it.
- Beat egg white and water until foamy; brush over top pastry. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 375° for 45-55 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool completely. Yield: 8 servings.
Source : allrecipes.com