This enchilada soup is my kind of recipe, I’ve made in the slow cooker and on the stove top. Basically you just throw a few simple ingredients in the pot and let it cook for a few hours.
Author: Slow Cooker Society
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: 4 plates
- 2 large chicken breasts, raw and thawed
- 1 10oz can red enchilada sauce
- 1 14oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14oz can corn, drained
- 1 4-7oz can diced green chiles
- 1 14oz can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 14oz can chicken stock
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- chopped cilantro
- tortilla strips
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours, or on LOW for 6-7 hours (or until chicken is cooked through)
- Use two forks to shred chicken.
- Serve hot with toppings, if desired.
Serving size: 3 – 4 persons