20-Minute Thai Basil Chicken
- 4-6 pieces of Chicken or minced chicken
- 4-6 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Roughly chopped Onions
- 1/2 cup Chopped Bell pepper (any color – green, yellow or Red)
- 2-1/2 tablespoon Hoisin Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Brown Sugar or Regular sugar
- 1.5 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Fresh Basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Red Chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon White Pepper/Black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Cut chicken into cubes and assemble all the ingredients.
- Heat olive oil and add minced garlic to it.
- Once garlic starts to sizzle add chopped onions and sauté for a minute.
- Stir in bell pepper and sauté on a medium flame for a minute.
- Add the chicken
- Mix and cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Mix in brown sugar, salt and stir. After adding sugar, chicken and onion mixture will become bubbly. Keep stirring till the sauces are well blended and the color changes to dark brown.
- Adjust spices and take it off the heat. Drop in basil leaves and mix it gently.
- Thai Basil Chicken is often saucy, so leave it as is. Sauce will thicken up.
- Serve over RiceSource : allrecipes.com